8/23/2015

Ten Movies I Will Watch Over And Over

There is just something about a good movie on TV on a weekend afternoon that really makes me happy. I'm not a napper. Never have been, other than a brief time in college when my normal bedtime was 3 am. I'm just bad at it. It takes me forever to fall asleep, and if I do, I'm a total grump when I wake up. I can totally "rest" on the couch with a cold drink and a good movie. 

Growing up, every Sunday afternoon in my house was nap time. My parents lived for these naps, and still do, but now they have no kids at home and average 1-2 naps per day. This left my little brother and me to our own devices, and he was a much better napper. One can only jump on the trampoline and swing by yourself for so long. Some days it was all war movies, but other days it was like finding gold.

My list of go to movies has changed a little over the years. I have several that I watch over and over. They just don't get old.

10. Runaway Bride
 I saw this in the theater when it came out. It makes me want it to be Fall all the time. And also, move to Maine.

9. A Cinderalla Story
I saw this in theaters as well. (Total Lizzie Maguire girl right here.) 

Fun Fact: I fell in love with the scene where they go out and dance alone at the empty wedding. When I saw it, I said I would walk down the aisle to that music. Sure enough, my husband and I hired a guitarist and violinist to play the acoustic version of "I'll Be." Loved it! 

8. Sex and the City
This one is long, but sucks me in everytime. (The finale of the actual show does also). This movie is best watched when husband is not home. 

7. Bride Wars
This movie is why I picked my bridal bouquet. 

6. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Classic for all girls my age. 

5. What to Expect  when You're Expecting 
The adoption is my absolute favorite. I cry everytime. 

4. Pitch Perfect
Hilarious 

3. Hocus Pocus 
Maybe I making up for lost time because I was a little scared of this one for a while when I was little, but I wised up quickly. 

2. Sweet Home Alabama 
This movie also gets me wishing for fall and reminds me of home. 

1. Christmas Vacation 
This is my number one favorite movie of all time. NEVER.GETS.OLD. My husband feels the same. Some members of my family do not, ahem that little brother i mentioned earlier. He's a party pooper. Hopefully our kids are as cool as we are, and when it's age appropriate of course, they will know it all by heart as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment